06 Aug IDC REPORT: Exceedra Identified as the Top Global TPM Vendor
IDC (International Data Corporation) have released their MarketScape Assessment of “Worldwide Trade Promotion Management Vendors 2018” and Exceedra have been named the Leader in this space.
The IDC MarketScape model provides an assessment of a number of vendors participating in the worldwide trade planning management market. The IDC MarketScape is an evaluation based on a comprehensive framework and a set of parameters that assesses providers relative to one another.
“Trade promotion management remains a priority for those customer-facing manufacturers that invest heavily in product promotions at retail. The ability to manage, assess, and optimize those promotions can easily result in either sizable savings or greater product performance, and those companies that use a market leading tool differentiate themselves from companies that do not. The purpose of this report is to highlight a number of companies that offer outstanding TPM capabilities,” says Simon Ellis, global VP for IDC Manufacturing Insights’ Supply Chain Strategies Practice.
In the report, IDC looked at two categories, the capabilities of the tools and strategies of each vendor. After comparing the 8 vendors interviewed, Exceedra came out top and were identified as the Global Leader for Trade Promotion Management.
IDC described Exceedra as ‘a best-of-breed TPM vendor’, and explained how Exceedra has a focus on driving a high-quality suite of applications, listing the following features & benefits:
▪ Product designed for ease of use — To drive high user adoption with an emphasis on sales planning/optimization
▪ Real-time reporting and analytics platform — To enable standard reports, ad hoc analytics, visualization, and dashboards that doesn’t require delay from back-end transferring of data to standalone reporting tools
▪ Scenario planning capability with live forecast actualization — To be enabled at multiple levels including the event/promotion, the customer business plan, and channel level
▪ A broader solution footprint — TPM with embedded TPO, Post Event Analysis, Demand Planning, and Integrated Business Planning to provide an easy route to continued improvement and better total cost of ownership
▪ Base volume generation and predictive TPO models — To eliminate the need for multiple bolt-on solutions providing a sustainable approach for sales forecasting improvement
In the report, IDC advised: “Consumer products organizations that are looking for an independent, best of breed should look closely at the Exceedra trade management tools offered that are both modern and fully featured. The integration both within the three trade management modules and outside to customer business planning and supply chain is substantial and of high value.”