16 Apr WEBINAR REPLAY: How Revenue Management can Deliver Growth for Consumer Goods’ Manufacturers Within a Recession
FMCG is well-placed to deliver growth during Australia’s economic recession, however it requires different thinking. In our one hour webinar, Ken McWilliams, Managing Director, Revenue Management Consultancy Group Pty Ltd., will join Exceedra’s Sales Director, Simon Elsby, to discuss how Consumer Goods Companies can use revenue management strategies to deliver growth during the current climate.
In this webinar, we will discuss:
- How to win within markets with less discretionary spend.
- Revenue management strategies and tactics to deliver growth through tough times ahead.
- We will explore the revenue drivers across brand economics, portfolio hierarchies, pack, price and place.
- How to pivot through new and existing distribution channels to unlock revenue and profit opportunities.
- What is the most effective promotional program during our economic crisis?
- How we can help your organisation weather the economic outlook.
- The role of the supermarket and the need for a good in-store experience in today’s market
- Implementing the right tools to ensure you have the optimal pricing strategy for your categories
What we will not discuss in this webinar:
- We will not talk about toilet paper.
- We will not talk about hand sanitizers and how some manufacturers have moved to personal protective equipment or personal wash. We know that.
- We will not talk about the high demand within staples / necessity categories through panic buying. Again, we know that.
Three reasons to attend this webinar:
- We will share thoughts from industry leaders and examples of how to navigate through tough times ahead.
- You will learn something, and may even stumble across opportunities that you hadn’t considered.
- Our revenue framework has delivered growth in every category where we have used it.
This webinar has now ended. If you’d like access to the replay, please fill out your details below and an Exceedra team member will be in touch.
Thursday, May 14th
Ken McWilliams – Managing Director at Revenue Management Consultancy Group
Ken is a highly analytical and energetic revenue management consultant with more than 15 years’ experience working across the supplier and retailer within Australia and the United Kingdom.
Ken’s work experience includes working for / consulting to top tier global FMCG organisations including Unilever, L’Oréal, Cadbury, Treasury Wine Estates and Coles.
His skill set is broad, ranging from revenue management, category strategy development, full end to end range review process, customer development, and extensive financial modelling using various data sources, including market, shopper, consumer and financials.
Ken has developed the above expertise across more than 30 different categories, including grocery, dairy, bakery, impulse, tobacco, personal care, home care, convenience meals, spreads, ice cream and drinks / alcohol, and has experience within all formats of stores, including hypermarkets, supermarkets, discounter, pharmacy, organised convenience channels and direct-to-consumer models.
Ken has also received awards such as Tesco Value Awards for category strategy, and has spoken at various global revenue management conferences, sharing best practise methodology on driving growth within declining categories.
Key roles within Ken’s career include:
- Founder and Managing Director (Revenue Management Consultancy Group)
- Head of Revenue Management ANZ (Treasury Wine Estates, L’Oréal)
- Head of Revenue Management (Unilever)
- Head of Strategy (Unilever)
- Senior Category Manager (Unilever)
- Senior Category Buyer (Coles)
- National Business Manager (Unilever)
- Customer Category Development Manager – Tesco (Cadbury UK)
Simon Elsby – Sales Director APAC at Exceedra
Simon is a highly motivated, passionate and charismatic senior business leader with over 25 years’ experience in Shopper and Category Strategy Development, Omni-Channel & Customer Leadership, Revenue Management, Orqanisational Performance and Capability Building within Healthcare, Consumer Electronics, Retail Consulting and FMCG sectors. He also has a great passion for driving Digital Commerce Commercial Transformation covering Ecommerce, Omni-Channel digital marketing integration in FMCG organisations.
Simon has spent 7 and a half years based in Singapore, working across the vibrant South East Asia region which has given him an intimate understanding of Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Myanmar, Cambodia & Laos offline and online retail environments, as well as his home country of Australia, and birth country of New Zealand. He has worked in and run major consulting projects with companies such as Abbott Laboratories, Coca-Cola, Samsung, Friesland Campina, Treasury Wine Estates, AACo, Diageo, Carlsberg, Suntory, Galderma, BAT and Mondelez.
Key roles within Simon’s career include:
- Regional Sales Director, APAC (AFS)
- Commercial Director, APAC (Abbott Laboratories – Nutrition Division)
- Consultant Partner (Kantar)
- Director of Consulting (Kantar Retail)
- Commercial Manager (Coca-Cola Amatil – Licensed Division)
- National Business Manager (Coca-Cola Amatil)
- National Business Manager (Heinz)
- National Business Manager (SC Johnson)